Thursday, May 27, 2010

Isadora Duncan in Central Park



Today while wandering in Central Park, I happened to come upon a performance by "Dances By Isadora" in honor of Isadora Duncan's birthday (she would have been 132!). Duncan is considered by many to be the creator of modern dance.









The dancers were beautiful, dressed in flowing tunics with a rainbow of colors. I have always been in love with fabric flowing in the wind, so needless to say I was happy. It was like walking into a fairytale when I came around the corner at the Bethesda Terrace. One of the reasons I love New York so much, is that you can find wonderful things to see without even trying.



The performances featured little girls, teenagers, and women who all danced in honor of the last generation of women that had danced until they passed away in their nineties.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful Evan. What a fabulous sketching opportunity you had with marvelous results.

I look forward to seeing more of your work, as I just found your blog via USk on flick.

Unknown said...

I love these Evan! Can't wait to go drawing tomorrow!

Caroline said...

Yes, lovely... inspirational!